Mount Abundance Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mount Abundance (4455) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 462 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mount Abundance is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Abundance was 272 and is comprised of approximately 45.6% females and 54.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Abundance is 40 years of age.

86.0% of people living in the suburb of Mount Abundance were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% Netherlands, 1.8% New Zealand, 1.5% United States of America, 1.5% Philippines.

93.0% of people living in Mount Abundance speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount Abundance is 32.2% Anglican, 18.7% Catholic, 12.5% No religion, 11.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.8% Uniting Church, 5.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.0% Pentecostal, 2.2% Churches of Christ, 2.2% Lutheran, 1.5% Other Religious Groups.

63.8% of people are married, 27.2% have never married and 7.5% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Mount Abundance.

73.9% of the people living in Mount Abundance over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 18.8% are working on a part time basis. Mount Abundance has an unemployment rate of 1.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Abundance are 50.9% Managers, 8.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.4% Technicians & trades workers, 6.1% Professionals, 6.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Labourers, 5.5% Sales workers, 5.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.3% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Mount Abundance work in are 49.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.0% Retail trade, 7.3% Other services, 6.1% Public administration and safety, 5.5% Education and training, 5.5% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Mining, 3.7% Accommodation and food services, 3.7% Construction.

45.9% of homes are fully owned, and 21.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $562 per week and the median household income is $1271 per week.

The median rent in Mount Abundance is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Abundance postcode 4455

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Coalfalls 4305 -> Brisbane -> Queensland